Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Start of a New School Year.














So the Fall started off with a bang! Shortly after we got home, we drove down to SLC for my grandpa's 80th (I know, he's old!) Birthday! Most of my relatives on my mom's side were there so it was awesome! It is always a good time when the Davis side gets together. It was even cooler because it was a surprise party for my Grandpa. My mom made an awesome video of my Grandpa's life - which, regaurdless of the captions, Grandpa kept up an on going narration :). The food was catered and delicious. It was awesome to see my family!
We went to the state fair a couple times which is always a hoot. The Boy Scouts have a very popular booth where they sell "Tiger Ears" which are giant scones. We volunteer to help them make and sell the tiger ears. It is great! A part from the fact that you smell like fried dough for about a week and the clothes that you wear are ruined forever... We went to the fair again to walk around. We found a petting zoo that was quite fun. Contrary to what it looks like, it was really hard to get that picture with the llama. We had to be stealthy because every time you get close it runs off.


The next two pictures were taken when my family went on a rafting trip on the snake river. Derek and my dad got to fish, and we got to have an adventure. Wyatt was pretty mad that he had to wear a life vest though. That's the beauty of having a dad that works for the Boy Scouts, we get to have all sorts of fun trips like that.


Then, on Labor Day we went to a scout camp and went canoeing, fishing, and shooting. That was also an adventure. It was nice weather, and it was nice to spend time with my family. Derek is quite the fisherman. My dad taught him the correct techniques on how to fly fish which Derek picked up really quick. I tried fishing for a few minutes... I got bored... So, my mom and I laid out on the dock for a while. When Dan and Sarah showed up we all got a kick out of Wyatt taking a swim in the water... They took his diaper off which was a mistake because apparently he had to go number 2.... Oh well! Haha it was a great holiday!

No comments: