Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friends, School, Valentines... In a nutshell - LIFE!

Came flew down to Utah for the weekend to go wedding dress shopping, so of course, I drove down to be with her. It was an AWESOME weekend. It just girls. Tammy's sisters, mom and I. So we went shopping and we giggled a lot. Tammy and I got to go on a date which was wonderful. She is getting married in June and I get to be up there with her!

This is when Wyatt accidentally threw a paint can down the stairs at my parents house... It was so funny in a horrifying way. He followed it down the stairs and so there are little foot prints. He also put his hands in it, so there are permenant hand prints on the carpet by the TV. My parents wanted new carpet anyway.. this gave them the opportunity to justify spending the money.
THis is the scooter that we bought at an auction... We did not intend on buying it, but apparently, when you raise the paddle... you have to buy things... that is a lesson that I learned from that experience. This picture was taken the night that we sold that scooter. I really wanted to keep it but it doesn't make any sense to own one when you can only ride it in the winter.

For Valentines Day, Derek and I drove down to SLC to go to Tucano's Brazillian Grill. That is our Valentine's tradition. This was the fourth time we have been together including the time we ate there for our wedding dinner. They have the best food!! When we got back, Derek surprised me with a bouquet of 50 mini roses. I didn't realize how much I love those flowers until I had them. It was a gorgeous bouquet. I made Derek a giant sugar cookie heart and I attempted to write everything I love about him on it but I wrote too big... Oh well! It's the though that counts.

I am an Elementary Ed major at school and last semester I had the opportunity to be in a 3rd grade class. It was the best experience I have ever had. Our teacher let us teach almost everytime we were there so we got a ton of experience. My partner Lindsay was awesome. We got to teach a unit on Reader's Theater. This picture was taken after the performances at the end. All the kids were so cute. It made my conviction to become a teacher even stronger.
Brandon and Christine Potter are our really good friends up at school. Whenever we go on a double date with them, we have a blast. Christine and I were roomates my first year at school and her and Brandon had been friends then even before they started dating and so we have known them for a long time. We are so comfortable around them... we are lucky to have friends like them! The top picture is when we made cookie monster's at our apartment... WhenI say monster, I mean monster. I made an entire batch of cookies, split it in half and they ate one half and we ate another. I have never eaten more cookies and ice cream in one sitting... We were sosick afterwards. The picture below that one is at my parents house in the back yard when we got together and roasted hotdogs and made smores. That was awesome. Mmm. We made them with good chocolate so it was even better.

And this picture is just of our main room in our apartment. It was taken from the kitchen. It was a good apartment. We were sad to move from it.

No comments: